Digital Marketing Service Business - 4 y.o - 5/5 star reviews & organic traffic

Overview

Upward Exits is proud to represent the sellers of a reputable marketing and website development agency that targets a specific US state. The partners that own and run the business built it themselves. They started by bringing on the first clients, fulfilling the first orders and later hiring each team member one by one. Because of this level of detail, the firm has an outstanding reputation and has grown through word of mouth and through their phenomenal position in the SERPS that keeps warm traffic coming inbound.

12 Month Profit$166,000
Asking Price$460,000
Valuation Multiple2.8 X
Business Age4 years
Avg. InventoryN/A
IndustryMarketing
Time Commitment10 hrs./wk
Monetization Services (residual)
Primary Marketing Organic

Operations

The sellers have built a stateside team of account managers that onboard clients and act as client facing representatives. Once they onboard clients, these employees then pass the project off to the companies employees in the Ukraine. Through active management and working together for a couple of years, the team has removed nearly all friction from their process.

Assets

The largest asset any service business has is its team, process and reputation. The owner’s of this agency embraced this as the cornerstone of their business. 

  • Reviews. The business has a whole page (featured prominently) that shows their reviews to visitors.
  • SEO. This marketing firm eats its own cooking and dominates the SERPS statewide for marketing agencies
  • Team. The firm has retained top talent that work well together and have proved processes in place. 

Business History

The two partners that own and run the business started it themselves in late 2015. Both of the partners are willing to stay on to continue to run the business for 6 months after sale.

Marketing

90% of the firms clients come from either referrals or inbound calls due to the businesses great rankings in Google search results.

The employees of this business are the ones that have the relationships with the clients. They have indicated that they are willing to continue working for a new buyer.

Reason for Sale

The partners both feel that they have accomplished all they set out to with this business and are ready to pursue other business ventures. Both partners enjoy working with their employees and will remain friends with them, but have agreed that they will not employ them moving forward.

Deal Structure

We expect this deal to sell with 70% of the purchase price paid at close. The remaining 30% can be paid over 18 months.

The sellers will entertain other structures that come from strategic buyers that have experienced success in the industry.

Buyer Profile

This business would be a suitable purchase for an individual or team that already runs a digital marketing agency, web development business either in the same state or that would like to expand into it. With a trained team in place, this business can be run with little day-to-day oversight.

A strategic buyer such as a software development company could greatly expand their range of services offered, revenue and size of their client book.

A career changer that has management skills and an understanding of digital marketing could also utilize this opportunity as a great way to escape the 9-5 grind.

Summary

12 Month Profit$166,000
Asking Price$460,000
Valuation Multiple2.8 X
Business Age4 years
 Avg. Inventory N/A
IndustryMarketing
Time Commitment10 hrs./wk
MonetizationServices (residual) 
Primary Marketing Organic

Finance Overview

The business has hired a reputable accounting and bookkeeping team. Revenues and expenses can be shown on a client basis and on a project basis.

Opportunities & Risks

Due to the highly residual nature of the clientele, this business does not present a great deal of risk. When service businesses fail, it is often due to service lacking due to lack of communication and synergy between employees which leads to a poor service and experience for the client. 

Request More Information