“You can’t do a good business deal with a bad business person”
Alex Shute MBA
- Primary point of contact for sellers
- Interfaces with external service providers to help sellers streamline operations
- Works with sellers in exit planning
- Helps structure mutually beneficial asset purchase agreements and oversees capital transfer
- Creates sales packets, seller interviews and marketing materials
- The Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
- The 4-Hour Work week – Tim Ferriss
- How I Built This – Guy Raz
- The Art of War – Sun Tzu
- Masters of Scale – Reid Hoffman
Get to Know Alex
- Alex is passionate about all things business, online, and international. He knows that entrepreneurs fuel the global economy and is committed to furthering their cause.
- Having lived in Japan for 5 years, he exported Japanese vehicles to East Africa. Alex played a critical role in the expansion of a children’s app which has been translated (text & audio) into over 40 languages and downloaded over 25 million times. In addition, he lead the sales, product development, and customer service of a rapidly growing European-based tech startup which has disrupted the conference and translation industry.
- Married with 2 amazing kids, Alex calls Los Angeles home. He is an avid traveler (30+ countries), snowboarding enthusiast, and a self-proclaimed coffee connoisseur.
- Alex holds a Bachelor of Science in International Business from Azusa Pacific University and an MBA from West Texas A&M University.
- Primary point of contact for prospective buyers
- Asset migration
- Performs due diligence and develops valuations
- Interfaces with attorneys, lenders and buy-side representatives to structure purchase agreements and secure funding
- Zero to One – Peter Thiel
- The Innovator’s Dilemma – Clayton Christensen
- Blue Ocean Strategy – W. Chan Kim
- Principles – Ray Dalio
- The Intelligent Investor – Benjamin Graham
Get to Know Mark
- Mark found a love for entrepreneurship and doing business online in 2012, eventually leading him to partner with Alex to found Upward Exits in 2017.
- Before Upward Exits, Mark founded, acquired and ran a number of online businesses throughout a variety of business models. Some ventures were successful and others were not. Mark also sits on the board of directors for three other businesses where he primarily advises on digital strategy and disposition.
- Currently residing in the Los Angeles suburb of Redondo Beach, CA. When Mark isn’t working you can find him scuba diving, traveling or hiking in the Santa Monica mountains with his dog, Heisman.
- Mark holds a bachelors degree from Colorado State University where he was also a division I athlete. Mark has also sat on the board of directors for the Ram Alumni Athlete Association.